Nestled in the foothills of Mount Coo-tha the West Toowong Bowls Club is one of Brisbane’s best kept secrets. Situated only 6km from Brisbane CBD our renovated colonial club house offers the ambience of days gone by. It features a large shaded verandah offering a view over the green for pleasant summer evening dining, also a large outdoor deck for smokers.
A true local sporting and cultural resource, West Toowong Bowls Club services a thriving community of young singles, families and uni students, social and veteran bowlers and spectators of all ages.
Our committee, club members, staff, facilities and events calendar are all here to promote the sport and the fantastic fun that happens around it, and we welcome locals or visitors to drop by for a casual visit, or contact us about your next planned celebration.
- Bowls cost is $5 per person and a $20 refundable deposit for each jack required.
- Men are required to wear t-shirts or shirts, no singlets allowed.
- Two separate outdoor deck areas.
- Additional indoor entertainment: $2 pool table, eight gaming machines.
- The bowling green operates from 11am to sunset. In winter that is approx 4.30pm in summer 6.30pm. Please call and check availability of the green.
- The maximum capacity of the green is 60 people. (On Saturday social bowls is approximately 20, this can be rotated in a larger group).
- Bar and Gaming is Licensed from 10am – midnight
- Bistro 6pm – 8pm Wednesday, Friday and Saturday
- Club closes Good Friday and Christmas Day